Saturday, October 8, 2016

Hightower to Horse Gap on the AT - 10/6/16

I took a shorter hike Thursday - about 3.5 miles round-trip from Hightower to Horse Gap. But near Horse Gap are some wicked climbs! I also accidentally went down into the valley at the beginning and hiked straight up the side of the ridge to get back on track.

I decided I wanted to finally try shooting a roll of 35mm Kodak Technical Pan I had been holding onto for years. This legendary film has quite a reputation but the slight increase in resolution was not really worth the trade-offs in film speed and extreme contrast. For reference, I shot the roll at an EI of 25 and developed it in FX-39 1:19 for 7 minutes. I think an EI of 15 would've worked better with a development of about 5 minutes, for good contrast, but I don't have any more TP anyway. I shot the roll with my Bessa R2S and 15mm, 25mm, and 50mm Voigtlander lenses:

 
 
 
 
 
   

I also brought with me a little 2x3 Century Graphic, along with a Voigtlander 10.5cm f/4.5 APO Lanthar lens. I shot a roll of Plus-X with it (dev'd in Rodinal 1:50):




On the way back I took one more image of this interesting rock wall hewed from the cliff to put in the road I assume:


Luckily I found that I could park at Horse Gap so I will be continuing from there soon and working my way towards Woody Gap at Hwy 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment