Sunday, October 16, 2016

Dahlonega Gold Rush Festival 2016

As a new resident of Dahlonega, I have been excited to experience the "Gold Rush Days" Festival.

I arrived first thing Saturday morning - the weather was really perfect and we had just a bit of sun peaking out of the clouds. I shot a bunch of film throughout the day, with my Nikon F2 and 1936 Rolleiflex, on black and white film.

First up that morning was a beard-growing contest and hog-calling contest:


Next up was a wonderful "Medicine Show" showcasing some old classic magic tricks:

 

There was also a showcase of period dress:


Around this time we went to get lunch at Gustavo's and walked around the General Store as we waited for our table:





After we ate we saw the tail-end of this musical performance:

 

Later on there were cloggers:



Last but not least they crowned the King and Queen of the Festival:


Here are a few more images from around the festival and the vendor areas:






 

The afternoon was topped off by a parade. I didn't have a great vantage point but I was able to grab a few images:


 


 My last picture is a self-portrait I shot from a mirror on a vendor booth using my Rolleiflex:


 That's it for this year's festival. I am already looking forward to next year - it was a great festival!

1 comment: