Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Raven Cliff Falls

Meagan and I went out to a trail I've been meaning to hike for awhile now. Raven Cliff Falls Trail is located right near the start of the Richard B. Russell Scenic Highway, just slightly northwest of Helen.

This is a pretty nice trail - 2.5 miles to the falls and not terribly difficult save for a lot of roots on the trail. 5 total miles in and back. We took a nice morning hike starting around 8am and I brought along my Chamonix 4x5. The trail winds along with Dodd Creek and there are a variety of small waterfalls along the path. The cliffs and main waterfall were very nice but I couldn't get much a vantage point. I need to try again and bring proper footwear to wade into the water where I think I need to go to get a better view.

Here's a few images, all on T-Max 100 developed in XTOL:


 


I also shot a couple sheets of E-6 film but haven't developed those. I will when I have more E-6 to do all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment