Monday, May 22, 2017

Once more to Three Forks

Last week I went again to Three Forks. No luck on rhododendrons blooming this year I guess but I made a pretty nice image down at the first "hidden waterfall" before Long Creek Falls. I call it "hidden" because you have to go kind of off-trail to get there. This waterfall is a wonderful spot with a nice pool. I shot this image in both color and black and white 4x5 with my Nikkor 90mm f/8:



I like the b&w better and I think I'll print it to 16x20 in my darkroom this week.

I also found a butterfly on the way out and shot this on Portra 160VC (cropped a bit):


Also, this week I am buying the last few things I need to start hammock camping. I am excited to do a few multi-day hikes and shoot some sunrises on the AT. Here's a cell-phone shot of me trying out the JRB hammock in my backyard:


No comments:

Post a Comment