Saturday, February 11, 2017

First excursion to Mt. Yonah

Meagan and I decided to explore Mt. Yonah, near Helen, GA last week. This is a very nice mountain that I've been meaning to go to. It turns out the hike to the summit is a bit longer than I expected, so we didn't quite make it all the way up before we had to get started back as it was getting late.

I definitely want to hike to the summit and it also seems like a great place for astrophotography and/or camping.

I took my Linhof Master Technika along with a few lenses, including my Nikkor 90mm f/8, Schneider 150mm f/5.6 APO Symmar, and a new 240mm f/9 G-Claron I wanted to try.

First, near the bottom I shot one panoramic image with a 6x12 back of the trees:


Going up the mountain, there wasn't a whole lot to see as these trees obscure the view. But I did take a few images here and there:




Finally, at the halfway point is a big open area good for camping with a nice view. The sun was not in a great place for shooting out at the vista but I did like the moon that had just risen over the "face" of Yonah:


No comments:

Post a Comment