Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Scouting the Appalachian Trail (9/6/16)

The Appalachian Trail has always interested me. I discovered that my new place is less than 20 miles away from the Southern Terminus of the AT, which is pretty cool. So I made several excursions in the past week out to some of the trail heads on the AT to scout the area.

First, I went to the Southern Terminus and hiked to the summit of Springer Mountain. I wasn't sure what I would see so I just brought my Nikon SP rangefinder and a few lenses. I used my Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, Zeiss 21mm f/4.5 Biogon, and Voigtlander 50mm f/3.5 Heliar lenses, on T-Max 100 film developed in FX-39:








On another trip (9/4/16), I went to "Preachers Rock," which is on the Woody Gap trail head going towards Blood Mountain near Suches. I brought along my Shen-Hao PTB-617 panoramic camera and also my little Bessa L with the same 15mm lens from above:





All of the images above were taken with my Schneider 72mm f/5.6 XL lens with a 2x center filter, on Plus-X film.

Here are some 35mm snaps on the trail:






That's it for today. Going forward, I am planning to hike as much of the Georgia part of the Appalachian Trail as I can as a long-term project.

No comments:

Post a Comment